Depression is more than just feeling blue or a little down; it is a real disorder that needs attention and treatment. Depression is a serious problem that affects all aspects of a person’s life, from social issues to personal feelings. It isn’t a sign of personal weakness or failure; it’s actually a sign that depression treatment is needed. Without effective treatment, a person with depression is at great risk for other behavioral problems.
Fortunately, help is available and effective. Brookhaven Hospital offers personalized, compassionate care from a professional and highly trained staff and is uniquely equipped to address the specific needs of individuals experiencing the various types of depression.
We offer inpatient and outpatient care, including a unique dual diagnosis treatment. Through a comprehensive program involving a blend of medical care and therapy, Brookhaven helps individuals to regain their confidence and return to their lives. Our studies show that over 91% of our patients feel that the treatment and education that they receive at Brookhaven would be useful in their daily lives back at home.
Contact us if any of the following symptoms apply to you or someone in your life:
- A sad, anxious or empty mood over an extended period of time
- Loss of interest or pleasure in all or most activities
- Feelings of hopelessness or pessimism
- Decreased energy, a feeling of being fatigued or “slowed down”
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness or helplessness
- Difficulty concentrating
- Problems with memory
- Difficulty making decisions
- Sleeping too much or not enough
- Change in appetite and/or unintended weight loss or gain
- Chronic pain or other persistent bodily symptoms not caused by illness or injury
- Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
Having depression isn’t hopeless, but it can definitely feel that way. Take a step towards recovery by contacting Brookhaven Hospital today at 888-298-4673.